PiMAME Bootsplash Video (Preview)
  • Hey All,

The next release of PiMAME will have a bootsplash intro video. The way I am having it work it will be easy for anyone to modify and replace the video with a custom one of their own.

I am hoping that we can get a collection of neat startup vids going!

-Shea
  • Awesome! Would the system continue to load in the background while the video is playing?
  • Cool. Same question as above. Would be great to hide all the startup text altogether.
  • Yes, the system loads in the background. If the intro video was about 5 seconds longer it would lead in right to the menu.
  • Hi

Im new here so i would first like to thank Shea for all his hard work.
    Im looking at building an arcade machine and i think pimame is the direction i will take. I am curious whether a new version has been released that has a boothsplash intro video like discussed above?

Many Thanks
    adamrobots

edit: and how would you go about adding your own intro?
  • PiMAME 0.7.10 was released a while ago that included the bootslpash video. Theres a movie file in the main directory that you can replace with anything you want (as long as it has the same name)
  • Hi Shea. I have been reading your blog and stumbled upon the section on the startup movie. Is the startup script already in the latest pimame? i dont need to add the script do i just replace the movie file..? think im going to purchase your book later :)
  • is there a maximum size for the video length and file size. i have created a video but its about 30 seconds long
  • everything's already inplace, just replace the file. There shouldn't be a max size or time. It will play until it finishes. As long as omxplayer can play it, it will work.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!