Trackball issue
  • When playing Marble Madness (Mame4all), when I spin the trackball hard, the Marble goes in reverse. I had this problem in Windows... had something to do with changing how often the mouse driver polls. How do you change that in Raspbian?
  • BTW, this is my project so far - http://instagram.com/p/eBrh8dyUG3 - sorry for the poor lighting.
  • Messed with this last night, and I have some of my trackball games working pretty good.

To change mouse polling, from a terminal: sudo nano /boot/cmdline.txt ... then add usbhid.mousepoll={number in ms} ... to the end.
    1000 hz = 1 ms
    500 hz = 2 ms
    250 hz = 4 ms
    125 hz = 8 ms
    100 hz = 10 ms

I went with a mousepoll number of 2 ms for my Happ trackball. The default is 8 ms, I believe. This value is going to be sensitive to the type of mouse/trackball you have. One caveat is the lower the mousepoll number, the more CPU cycles being used up by the mouse.

Then I went into Mame4all and changed to a good analog sensitivity for the individual games. For Major Havoc, about 60% (default 100%). For Marble Madness, I liked 40 instead of the default of 30. Your mileage will vary here as well.
  • Thanks for the info Zoyx. I will add it to the FAQ

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!