upload roms
  • Hi,
    I am total newbie and trying to setup pimame.
    I have already downloaded and flashed my sd card with pimame. It also starts and shows me the black screen with 6 Points (Arcade, Consoles, .... Exit)
    Can someone please explain me how do I upload roms here? I really have no idea.

Thank you
  • thank you very much!
    but where do I save the roms to copy them to the roms folder?
    should I save the roms on the sd card where the pimame is?
  • Also, theres a web frontend with a rom uploader!
    http://pimame.org/quickstart.html
  • thanks again,

I am not sure if you understand my problem. I was looking for the web frontend but I canĀ“t find it. where do I start it?
    I do not want to change the roms folder or to start the games from a mounted device. the problem is that I am total new to linux.
    if I put the SD card in my pc where pimame is flashed I do not see a roms folder.
    I have some roms on my pc. how do I get them to the roms folder?

thanks again very much
  • thank you all,

but I am now sure that I am definitely doing something wrong.
    I bought a raspberry pi and a fresh new sd card. then I downloaded the pimame from this site and I flashed it to my sd card.
    how do I connect my rpi to my home network?
  • I habe the B model with network.
    with no linux knowledge the first solution with the usb storage sounds easier to me. I will try that.

thank you!

PS: is it maybe easier to install a linux on the rpi and then over the app shop to install mame emulator? is this also a possibility?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!