Hiding unused emulators/options?
  • Hello All,
    I'm rebuilding my JAMMA cabinet with a RaspberryPi replacing my dead PC that was handing all of my emulation. I'm familiar with DOS and that was the OS I was running with ArcadeOS as my front end. So far I'm loving PiMAME, however I'm new to Linux and I need a little help. Is there a config file or a way to hide the menu options I don't want to use in PiMAME? For example I don't plan on using the VICE emulator so I would like to hide it. And on the flip side of the question, is there a way to add options to the menu? Thanks for a great little piece of software, I'm really looking forward to playing with it and learning something new.
  • You can edit /home/pi/pimame_files/menu.py to change the frontend menu. Let me know if you have any questions.
  • Ok I looked at menu.py on my PC using notepad just to see what the structure looked like. I'm guessing that I need to edit it with a different program. After Googleing what a *.py file is it says I need to edit it in python? I thought python is a language not a program?
  • a .py file is a program written in python. executed manually in linux with "python menu.py", editable in "vi" using the command "vi menu.py". May help to learn linux a bit, and learn how to use vi, and read python.
  • Thank you. I've been reading up on it. Like I said I'm coming from Windows and DOS so it's kinda like being able to speak Spanish and then learning Portuguese. Similar languages, but not the same. I played with Vi today and was able to successfully edit menu.py to hide what I wanted to hide, now I'm going to start learning how to add to it. Thank you all for your help.
  • is there a way for the menu to appear as it does, sleep for about 10 seconds, then autolaunch advmenu??
  • thex: thats not a bad idea. I'm thinking of adding some more options to the web front end to enable these kinds of features.
  • Sweet!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!