Installer / Updater Script available
  • Hey All,

I have finished the first version of the PiMAME installer script. It is available on github here: https://github.com/ssilverm/pimame_installer

I would love for feedback, and assistance. Feel free to fork the repo and send me a pull request.

-Shea
  • Hi Shea,

Presumably this should be run on a "clean" Raspian image and not a Pimame image?
  • you can run it on a clean Raspian, or a premade PiMAME image. I would recommend running update.sh on a premade PiMAME install though.

EDIT: You should probably run install anyway the first time through, just because it will bring you up-to-date.
  • Yep, just trying it now on a raspian image, so I can do the full install from scratch.

Will give you some feedback once complete.
  • I'll also try the update option on a premade Pimame image.
  • Fresh install on raspian:
    -------------------

Needed to do "sudo apt-get update" first.
    At the end of install.sh, got error:
    "mv: cannot move `gridlee.zip' to `/home/pi/roms/gridlee.zip': No such file or directory". It saved the gridlee.zip file in the "pimame_installer" directory. The /home/pi/roms directory exists but is empty.

When running advmenu, get error:
    Error in 'advmame' opening roms directory '/home/pi/.advance/rom'.

I then tried running the update script, mainly " Already upto date" messages. Same issue with advmenu.

Running update on Pimame 0.6 beta 5 premade image:
    ---------------------------------------------
    git is already installed.
    Update worked ok with no errors and reported now at 0.6 beta 6.
    Advmenu/advmame works ok but I don't think they've changed between beta 5 and 6?

So certainly looks good for having a working update system.

If I'm brave, I might try it tomorrow on a 0.6 beta5 card I have with my own configuration changes, to check the changes are not lost between updates.

Cheers Shea - good work!
  • I was able to fix the "Error in 'advmame' opening roms directory '/home/pi/.advance/rom'" issue in advmame.rc by removing that entry from the "dir_rom" line and just making it:

dir_rom /home/pi/roms
  • I fixed that issue last night. If you run update.sh again it will work.
  • Thanks Shea! Does the update overwrite the advmenu and advmame files, or does it just do a diff?
  • it checks if there are differences between the previous stock config and the one currently saved. if there are differences, it saves the updated script with a .default extension.

If the files are not different, then it updates them.
  • Is it just me or is Mame4all broken after running update.sh?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!