Marvel vs. Capcom on the Pi (Final Burn Alpha)
  • Hey All,

Squid has released another awesome emulator port for the Raspberry Pi. This time it's Final Burn Alpha, which is a CPS1, CPS2, System 16, and NeoGeo emulator.

Marvel Vs. Capcom runs great on it. Expect this to be in PiMAME ASAP!

https://code.google.com/p/pifba/

• Yeeeeehaaaaaa!!!!
    Great news!!!
    Thats all i need to finish my own cabinet!
    Thank you, thank you, thank you, gracias, gracias, gracias.
  • I have this on the ps1 emulator :)
  • Rendimiento fantastico. Alguien sabe como configurar el player 2 en el .cfg??
  • hi, configuration for player 1:

[Joystick]
    # Get codes from "jstest /dev/input/js0"
    # from package "joystick"
    A_1=7
    B_1=6
    X_1=5
    Y_1=4
    L_1=3
    R_1=2
    START_1=1
    SELECT_1=17

#Joystick axis
    JA_LR=1
    JA_UD=0

how can i configure player 2 like this? Now, two players is support but no config for player 2 in config file... (sorry for my english)
  • The version of FBA on PiMAME only supports one player. I will update PiMAME soon to have the 2 player FBA.
  • @easel, if you don't want to wait until PiMAME has been updated you can download the latest build of PiFBA at http://pifba.googlecode.com/git/piFBA.zip.

I found that the [Joystick} section of the PiFBA config applied to both joysticks. Had to do a bit of work to get xboxdrv to play nicely with both controllers but got there in the end.
  • anyone know if it possible to set controls for a dpad? mine auto sets for the left analog stick. i can understand not being able to, being based on arcade hardware, just wondering if anyone knew a work around.
  • Hi everyone,
    Could one of you explain how to configure xboxdrv for piFBA?
    'cause only the dpad is functionnal for me. (And I know it's cause of the default key assignement, but i don't know how to change it... :/ )

Thx in advance guys.
  • my arcade joystick is for 2 player. It have four axis (two for player one and two for player two) and 22 buttons (10 + 12).

Like this http://www.jammaboards.com/store/pc-mame-ps3-to-arcade-controller-usb-interface-pcb-kit-pc2jamma-usb.html
  • Burgerito. Do you jus copy new files over the existing ones or do you have to build it first?
  • I try to run jstest /dev/input/js0
    In order to see how react my joystick (madcatz 360 USB) but... No clue on the number assign to my button (just some weird caracter :-D)
    So if someone coyld help me a little it would be great! (or at least post a link with this kind of information)
  • I have the same problem with usb arcade fighting stick -joysticks. The buttons work but I cant figure out how to change the joystick axis
  • Thx to an another thread i managed to make my controller work (madcatz xbox 360 USB)

here my config for PiFBA (home/pi/emulators/fba/fba2x.cfg)

[Joystick]
    # Get codes from "jstest /dev/input/js0"
    # from package "joystick"
    A_1=7
    B_1=6
    X_1=5
    Y_1=4
    L_1=3
    R_1=2
    START_1=1
    SELECT_1=17
    #Joystick axis
    JA_LR=1
    JA_UD=0

and my config for xboxdrv (home/pi/pimame_files/xboxdrv_mapping.cfg)

[xboxdrv]
    silent=true
    deadzone=6000
    dpad-as-button=true
    trigger-as-button=true

[ui-axismap]
    x2=REL_X:10
    y2=REL_Y:-10
    x1=KEY_LEFT:KEY_RIGHT
    y1=KEY_UP:KEY_DOWN

[ui-buttonmap]
    tl=KEY_DOT
    tr=KEY_TAB
    guide=KEY_P

[ui-buttonmap]
    a=KEY_LEFTCTRL
    b=KEY_LEFTALT
    x=KEY_LEFTSHIFT
    y=KEY_W (edit : french keyboard, so change it to KEY_Z with a qwerty keyboard :) )

[ui-buttonmap]
    lb=KEY_SPACE
    rb=KEY_X

[ui-buttonmap]
    lt=KEY_LEFT
    rt=KEY_RIGHT

[ui-buttonmap]
    dl=KEY_LEFT
    dr=KEY_RIGHT
    du=KEY_UP
    dd=KEY_DOWN

[ui-buttonmap]
    back=KEY_ESC
    start=KEY_ENTER

# EOF #

It's not the best one but i like playing fighting game with this configuration :)

i hope it will help some of you if you need.
  • It seems I have problem configuring joysticks with 4 axis with FBA. I configure axis Y to 2 and axis x to 3 in the config file. The buttons work but seems to me that HAT0Y and HAT0X controls are not supported. My snes controller (with only 2 axis) work just fine. I have updated to the lastest build with two controller support

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!