clean boot straight to a single rom
  • Im looking into using some raspberry pi's to create desktop dedicated mini arcades.. I dont want a front loader experiance however.. im looking to set it up so that the unit powers on, boots right into a game ROM.

Is this even possible? I dont want to mess around with selecting roms etc.. anyone have thoughts?
  • Yes it's possible. You would have to edit .profile file in the home directory.

I currently have a line in .profile set to launch the pimame frontend (menu.py) but you can just put in the emulator and game name.

example:

advmame sf2
    or /home/pi/emulators/mame4all-pi/mame sf2
  • I gave this a try today, and found it didnt work. I am sure it is a mistake on my side. I was just wondering if there could be more description of the command lines and such that should be replaced.

I replaced from "menu.py" on with "/home/pi/emulators/mame4all-pi/mame" and the game afterwards and it stops the boot with a python error.

Thanks
    Rom
  • remove menu.py

all that should be on the line is /home/pi/emulators/mame4all-pi/mame
  • Sorry. I wasnt clear, I removed menu.py and replaced with the above and it brings up a line error. I suppose this might have to do with how I modify the file. I use file zilla and modify in notepad, is this the correct way to do this?
  • I was having the same problem too using file zilla. Need to modify .profile on the pi itself. Went to command prompt and typed "startx" to launch wheezy gui.
    Then I modified the .profile file by removing the full "python /home/pi/pimame_files/menu.py" line with "/home/pi/emulators/mame4all-pi/mame"....no double quotes of course.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!