[SOLVED] Controller problem
  • Hello, i have my pimame installation running ok but i have a problem with the controllers. I'm using a usb controller (this one -> http://articulo.mercadolibre.com.ar/MLA-467995527-interfaz-mame-usb-construye-tu-recreativa-windoslinux-_JM ). The controls are detected, in fact, they work but not very well. The controls freezes, for example I have to press several times a button to respond, and once it responds it seems to keep pressed. The controls (hardware) works ok.
    In windows it works very well. Is there any config should i change? I tried a couple of things like putting the device_joystick to RAW and other options but no luck. Im testing with MAME4ALL.

Any advice is wellcome

Best regards
  • it gets the power from the rpi only...
  • first of all thanks a lot for taking the time to write this post!...
    I tried different power supplys, the last one was a 3amp 5v. The malcfunction i have is exactly the same as your.. so probably you are right... im not sure haw much power the joystic consume, but i will test it with a little circuit Im making to measure the usb power consumption.

I will make some teste and go back to you to tell you if i found the problem. thanks a lot!
  • you was right! it was a power problem. I solved it using an active USB hub between the rpi and the controller. now is working fine :)
  • Which hub did you use? I need to buy new ones. My StarTech (ST7202USB) did not pick up the joysticks (Xin-Mo card), but it worked with a Logitech hub I had laying around with the same power supply. They don't make the Logitech anymore.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!