[SOLVED] New network access after booting
  • Hi all,
    I just grabbed the IMG file for PiMame and flashed my SD card with it today. My Pi boots up just fine, I don't see any errors as my Raspberry boots, and I get the PiMame menu. I can select Mame there and run Gridlee without errors, so it seems to be working. Yay! Except, the Pi doesn't have network access so I can't load my ROMs onto it.

I am using an EdiMax USB WI-Fi dongle and I've tested it before with the Raspbian OS and it worked there. I suppose I need to know how to configure it to connect to my WiFi now, right? So, how do tell it which WiFi network to connect to and what the security passcode is from a command line?

I found this page (http://www.ghacks.net/2009/04/14/connect-to-a-wireless-network-via-command-line/) but it's not working for me, so if anyone here has any advice, I would really appreciate the help.

Thanks!
  • Sorry, the title here should be "No network access after booting".
  • Hi again, Never mind. I figured out how to get out of the PiMame menu and run "startx" from the command line. In there, I used the wpa-gui to configure my Wifi and that is working quite well. It even keeps the config between reboots.

Thanks for the great package of emulators.
  • I'm glad you figured it out!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!