[SOLVED] USB Joystick Controller Not Working In 0.6 Beta 5
  • I am using this USB joystick and button controller in my custom cabinet - http://www.ultracabs.co.uk/usb-2-joystick--22-button-arcade-control-kit-71-p.asp

It works great in 0.6 beta 2 however some axis and buttons don't register in 0.6 beta 5. Any ideas?
  • If that is the Xin-Mo controller then the recent Raspbian kernel has an update to make it more HID compliant which means ignoring out of range values. From what I can make out the Xin Mo reports that it will return a -1 lower value but actually returns -2. Clamping rather than ignoring would have worked, but for my use I commented out the new code in hid-input.c and recompiled the kernel, and it works fine for me with 0.6 beta 5 (look for the 'Ignore out-of-range values as per HID specification' comment). Note that recompiling on the pi itself took about 8 hours - I'll do a cross compile on OSX next time, apparently it is something like 15 mins. Note also that I only needed to point the pi startup config at my new kernel image, I didn't replace modules etc.

cheers,
    grant
  • It was the Xin-Mo controller yeah. Thanks for your comments, helped me get to the bottom of the issue. In the end I went with a mini-pac, just easier to work with and manage.
  • Makes as solved.
  • I've been wrestling with the Xin-Mo problems for a while now. Finally got it working using a combination of beta 2 (thanks nicktones) AND modifying the advmame.rc file, updating "device_joystick auto" to "device_joystick raw" (thanks Liam's Attic). I can finally fit the screen into the cabinet for the last time and start playing games!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!