PIMAME Questions
  • I'm new here. I have a few questions:

1 - Is PIMAME still a work in progress project?
    2 - I have read many posts about SNES not working and I am in the same boat. My screen turns black once I load any ROMs. I have tried my big screen and also a 22" HP both using hdmi. Am I missing a post somewhere to fix this?
    3 - Tried over 30 GNGEO ROMs all they all say "Gngeo couldn't init" .

Do I need to run an update on my Raspberry Pi or am I doing something wrong? I ran SDformatter on my SDcard. I then burned this image to the card "PiMAME 0.7 Beta1" . I am pretty tech savy, but PiMAME has my head spinning.
  • Having similar issues. I'm trying to put together lists of known working roms. Care to help?
  • Yes. I'm still working on it :)

I'm sorry you are having difficulties with it. With gngeo, you need the neo geo bios. I can't tell you where to get that but you need it before neo geo roms will work.

I have no idea whats going on with PiSNES. It works great for me on all the HDMI and composite tvs I have available. I'm really truly stumped on that one.
  • I had the black screen problem with piSnes on HDMI when selecting a rom from the menu.

I found it worked fine when the emulator was run directly from the command line, so I guess there is some issue when the piSnes menu runs the emulator...

So, as a workaround I configured advmenu.rc for piSnes & that works great :)
  • yep, i finally had the same issue on my end. Really really frustrating. time to AdvMENU all the things :)
  • Just FYI, NeoGeo games supported by MAME4ALL work in that emulator.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!