A few questions
  • First, What is the file I need to edit to change the controls on the first menu? The menu where you can select, mame, or command line, etc.

Second, Once I'm in mame and have selected a game, What is the key to exit the game and go back to the mame menu, also which file do I edit to change that.

Third and Final. When I'm in mame, what is the key to exit back to the main menu, and what file do I need to edit to change that.
  • Thanks...

I have tried editing files, but nothing seems to change. I really have no idea what im doing. If anyone can help me I'd really appreciate it. Do i need to do anything else after I change the files. I have been rebooting, but when It boots back up, the controls that I have changed in the file, haven't actually changed. Though the changes are still saved in the file...

I'm using an Ipac device if that helps. Basically what I want to do is be able to navigate to and from games with the arcade controls, without having to reboot.
  • The PiMAME menu is "hard coded" to use the 'c' key or the enter key.
    the configs for advmame and advmenu are stored in /home/pi/.advance

If you post what you are changing we might be able to help out more.
  • I have everything working almost how I want it now. The only thing i need now is to be able to quit games and go back to the game list. Right now i have a button programmed so when I press it, it will exit, but some games it brings up a menu with 2 options: continue and exit. Thats fine, except I dont have a button programmed that will allow me to accept either option. I can press the exit button again and it will close that menu.

I did that by editing this line below. My "Exit" key is mapped to "c." I dont see a line that says select or enter in the advmame file

input_map[ui_cancel] keyboard[1,scan0] keyboard[1,scan0] or keyboard[0,1] keyboard[0,2] or keyboard[0,c] or keyboard[1,scan0]

I see this command in the file... Not sure what it does. Can someone explain what it does?

input_map[safequit] auto

Thanks for the help. I might be able to mess around some more tomorrow afternoon, If not then ill be back sunday.
  • To avoid having the Continue/Exit menu popup when trying to exit a game, edit the advmame.rc and change "misc_safequit" to "no""

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!