How to add a game to the Favorites folder
  • It has been a while since I have used Piplay. I am setting up an old mame cabinet with a Raspberry Pi2 to replace an old pc.
    To make it easy for my friends children I want to put some more games in the favorites folder. I have done so in the past but can not remember how I did it
  • It's been a while as well, but if I remember, you need to highlight the game that you want, then press the menu button ('Tab' on a keyboard or 'Button3' on a joypad). Then you can select 'add to favorites'
  • Thanks so much for that tip. I had found that menu but when I clicked on "add to favorites" and it changed to" delete from favorites" I kept changing it back. It finally dawned on me to exit when it read "delete from favorites". Your tip made me think a bit harder.
  • What version of PiPlay does favorites work on? I'm not on the very latest version and everything is working just how I want it so I don't want to risk messing it up. Wondering if favorites works on my version? I hit Tab and a big capital A showed up on the screen.
  • @atv223, you'll need to update to version 8beta9 to get the favorites to work. The big capital 'A' (press up and down to get other letters) just lets you quickly jump to a letter in your rom list.
  • Thanks! I think I'll stick with the version I have, took too long to get it working just right. If I have to open up the cabinet and can make an image of the current SD card then maybe I'll give it a try. Thanks for the reminder of what that BIG A was, that will at least keep me from scrolling through all the games!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!