PiPlay front end menu unresponsive until 2nd launch
  • Hello - Am running PiPlay 0.8.0. Beta 9 on Raspbian Debian Jessie on a Raspberry Pi 1 Model B (512MB RAM).

When the PiPlay menu first launches, no keys are responsive, left, right, nothing. Mousing around sort of seems to click through and kill the PiPlay menu. Then if I bring up a terminal and:
    cd /home/pi/pimame/pimame-menu
    python launchmenu.py

...all is good. The front end comes up and all works splendidly. Any guesses what is going on?

Thank you. - Ross
  • My guess would be that the keyboard is getting loaded after piplay launches. PiPlay relies on PyGame for handling input events. It doesn't always recognize inputs that are loaded after it is loaded. Are you using just a standard keyboard or an emulator/encoder (retrogame, gpioneer, xin-mo, etc..) of some kind?
  • It's a Logitech wireless keyboard that uses that proprietary USB dongle thing that I have plugged into a Pi USB port. Hmmm. I could try a wired kbd...
  • I am having the same issue as Rosco. I am running the Raspberry Pi 2 Model B with a Logitech USB hardwired keyboard. After performing the same actions as Rosco, the keyboard worked. Any idea how this can be corrected?
  • I don't know for sure, as I haven't run into this problem; but this may fix it for you.
    http://www.kasploosh.com/weblog/14000/14016-debian_jessie_usb_keyboard.html
  • I too am having the exact same issue, I'm wondering what you guys finally did to fix the issue permanently.

Thanks,
    Paul

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!