Forum spam
  • There seems to be a lot of forum spam, when I click on "activity" all I see is new accounts and postings to some fake blogs or something.
    You may want to make it harder for bots to register.
  • agreed. I wish that I could make several changes around here, but only the all powerful Shea can make those changes. :D

* You should see the spam folder
  • This project (or gaming on Raspberry Pi in general) could also really use a Wiki!

I found answers most of my questions somewhere buried in forum threads but it was highly inefficient.

The wiki doesn't even have to be closely affiliated with the PiPLAY project if Shea doesn't want one. We could put the content on the embedded Linux Wiki at http://elinux.org/RPi_Hub and just link there from here. What do you think?

The Quickstart tutorial on the main website is outdated and doesn't mention things like running "sudo raspi-config" or pressing TAB in MAME to configure the inputs.

It also links to the old PiMAME 0.7 version on github still.
  • yeah, the problem in the past has been finding maintainers. We had started to an FAQ/tutorial section, but things quickly went out of date and people stopped contributing. If you'd like to put something together, I'd definitely support it however I can.
  • I think making it very easy to contribute (like with Wikipedia) is the most important step. That way, whenever you find something that is outdated, you just fix it rightaway.
  • I checked with the owner - the wiki at elinux.org welcomes our contributions!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!