Noobie Questions.
  • Hi guys. I feel bad to ask some basic questions.
    I just installed image on SD card. My Pi2 recognized it. I configured network and now I don't know where to start.
    1. I noticed that people on YouTube videos have nice themes for their PiPlay. Mine is very simplistic. Bunch of squares. How to change it?
    2. Also, I don't want some of the emulators. How to edit the content? Is there a way just to plug micro sd into Windows computer and delete/upload files like roms?
    3. I noticed that you can update them via WiFi. Is that the only way? How to upload covers with them? Is there any tutorial?
    I uploaded some mame files in zip format, but they are not displayed in roms. How to upload mame roms?
    4. Last question: I bought X-Arcade controller, that seems to be partially recognized by Piplay. Is there an option to use X-Aracde? Where?

Thank you for your help and that great program. I can't wait to fully use it.
  • 1. There are several themes installed by default that can be accessed by bringing up the menu (I believe by pressing Tab or button 3 on your controller). You can also build or download more themes, more info in the custom themes section

2. You transfer roms from your computer using FTP, using the rom uploader tool from the web UI or transferring them on a USB drive. To hide the emulators you don't want go back into the menu and choose "Hide Icons"

3. Covers for the roms? Read the post here

4. I have not personally used this controller but you can try the info in this thread

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!