PiMAME 0.6 Beta 5 Now Available - Includes PlayStation Support!
  • Hey All!

PiMAME 0.6 Beta 5 is now available.

http://blog.sheasilverman.com/pimame-raspberry-pi-os-download/

You will need a 4GB or larger SD card for this release.

This release includes:

PCSX_ReARMED Playstation Emulator.
    AdvMENU menu speed fix.

• Hi Shea,
    I have downloaded your PiMAME 0.6 Beta 5 and have been impressed with the increase performance of AdvanceMAME. I can now play Street fighter II at full speed on a Model B 256. I am going to test the same setup on a Model B 512 with a Sandisk Ultra 8Gb card rather than Standard Sandisk 8Gb card to see if this also improves performance for games that are still a little slow such as NBA Hangtime.

I have started testing / trying NeoGeo and PCSX_ReARMed but not having any luck yet. I realise you can not help people to find games but could you write an updated list of instructions for people to get started using the PiMAME 0.6 Beta 5. ie

I have tried putting some NeoGeo roms into the /home/pi/roms folder and they are visible in the game list in Neo Geo but when I try to open them i get the following error:
    ERROR!
    Gngeo Couldn't init GAMENAME:
    Parent roms//GAMENAME.zip not found
    Maybe the romset you're using is too old

I also tried putting a full .rar game file into the /home/pi/emulators/pcsx_rearmed/bios folder. I have no idea if this is the correct place and if it needs to be unzipped first but could find any instructions on your site. When I load the PCSX emulator I get the following error:

You don't seem to have copied any BIOS files to bios/
    while many games....

Thanks for all the work you have done so far.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!