Wireless keyboard/trackpad
  • Grabbed one today to minimize the cables and there seems to be some sort of conflict in that the up on the joystick seems to be stuck on when the keyboard dongle is plugged in. Bizarre. All comes good when I unplug and reboot.

Anyone else encountered this or possibly found a remedy?
  • what kind of joystick and wireless/keyboard
  • Joystick is GPIO based joystick and buttons I've wired up with the Adafruit utility. Keyboard is a Microsoft All-in-One Media Keyboard. Doesnt really make sense to me that there should be some sort of conflict, but seems to be okay without it. Should probably note that it still happens when the keyboard is switched off, and there are def no keys stuck on. Also tried the keyboard with my mac and it works fine with no buttons stuck on.

Thanks
  • hmm... my first thought is it's possibly a power issue. is the usb plugged directly into your pi or into a powered usb hub? (also, are you on a pi a/b/a+/b+/b2?
  • Yeah straight into the Pi. Quite possibly a power issue like you say. Think I'll just go with a wired version (dont need it often) rather than get a powered usb. Raspberry Pi 2 B by the way.
  • Grabbed a powered hub to see if i could get this keyboard working, no go, still the same problem. Very strange would love to get it working.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!