Some buttons not working using retrogame GPIO
  • Hi All,
    New user here. I've managed to install beta 9 on my Raspi 2 without much trouble. Got all the emulators I wanted to work with the roms I had and made a custom theme. All was going well, until I hooked up my prototype control panel. I'm hooking it up to the Pi through the GPIO header. And since I'm making a 2 player cab with 6 buttons each and some admin buttons, I used all available 26 GPIO pins (and the grounds as well of course).
    I'm using the Adafruit retrogame utility and it all works well except a few functions like "up arrow" or "space". I've checked my wiring and that's all ok. Any idea's?
  • they need to be labeled as 'KEY_UP' and 'KEY_SPACE'. If you already have them like that then can you post the configuration portion of retrogame.c? I'll take a look at it. (Also, what happens when you change those gpio mappings to a different character? do you still not get any output?)
  • Thanks for the quick reply!! I have them labelled as that. But I'll post the config portion of the retrogame.c tonight. I'll try with a different character tonight as well.
  • Well, I found the problem I think. I was using a breakout board so I could use a 40 ribbon IDE cable to connect my control panel to the raspi. I checked every line from soldering connection to pin going into the connector and found 3 faults. So it's the breakout board that's causing it. Thanks for the quick reply anyway. I'll do a bit more error checking next time before posting a question :-)
    And thanks for making such a brilliant environment for me to play around in :-)

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!