Menu navigation not working (constant up arrow)
  • Hello, new user here with Pi 2 Model B and running fresh install of latest version (0.8-beta9). Everything loads fine, but I'm unable to navigate to any options once the interface loads. It behaves as if I were constantly pressing the up arrow. I can move the green selection box only for a fraction of a second before it returns to "CaveStory." If I activate the popup menu, the selection bar constantly moves backwards (up) through the menu options. I can enter CaveStory, and once that game loads, the keyboard behaves normally.

Have tried three different keyboards and one game controller (no mouse or network connection). Have tried two different power supplies, and all four usb ports, nothing seems to help.

Any suggestions?
  • does it do it when there is no game controller plugged in ( just a keyboard ) ?
  • Yes. Just the keyboard, hdmi and power cable.

[I originally started with ethernet and keyboard connected, and got no keyboard response at all. When I unplugged the Ethernet and rebooted, I got the current behavior.]
  • Figured it out.

I had the power supply plugged into a power strip (along with tv and cable box). Apparently that was disrupting the voltage enough to cause the issue.
  • Hi,

I'm having the same issue. Pi 2 Model B with fresh install of latest version (0.8-beta9). I've formatted and installed several times. Keyboard stuck on up in PiPlay menu.

What exactly is the solution? Don't plug the Pi into a power strip?
  • Update: Power strip made no difference.

However, with a USB joystick (Thrustmaster) additionally plugged in, both the keyboard and joystick work fine in PiPlay menu.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!