[SOLVED]autorun - old/different mame4all menu
  • hello - i followed the direction in the FAQ to autostart mame4all using the path /home/pi/emulators/mame4all-pi/mame however when it launches it launches a different mame4all menu... looks older? when i ESC from a game, it will bring me back to the more familiar mame4all menu... any ideas? is there a different path for the standard mame4all program?
    thanks!
  • I think that you are going into mame4all's menu selector, not piplay's. Then when you exit, it's restarting piplay. When you say that it's 'older', is it like a grid of game images vs a vertical list of titles like normal?

If you are trying to get into the piplay list, you need to edit /home/pi/.profile
    on the line that reads something like 'python launchmenu.py', you need to add the
    --quicklaunch flag along with the item number. So it should read something like:
    python launchmenu.py --quicklaunch 2 That tells piplay to skip the main menu and go straight into emulator #2 rom list (you may have to play around with it, I'm not sure if #2 is the correct number to use or not)
  • thank you!! that worked... it was 2 for mame4 all!
  • great! Marking as solved.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!