Downloadable Themes?
  • I just downloaded the latest version and installed it on a raspberry pi 2. I was wondering if I could download some other themes to try. Also, Is there a way to change the list from a grid to a scrolling list? Thanks.
  • @UltraSaucy - I have been trying to get others to make more themes, but so far I haven't had anyone take me up on the offer.
  • Sound interesting. How do I make a theme ?
    1. Just go into /home/pi/pimame/pimame-menu/themes
    2. copy one of the theme folders (and it's contents) and rename it to whatever you want your theme named
    3. go into that folder and use a text editor to edit theme.yaml
    4. you can use the file /home/pi/pimame/pimame-menu/themes/theme - documented.yaml as a guide, it describes what each part does (though it looks like the formatting got messed up in the last update)
    5. Then you edit the images to make them look the way that you want. You can keep the images more on the smallish side, piplay will resize them based on your settings

It all makes sense to me, but I wrote the whole theme thing. So if you can't figure out how to do something or the documentation isn't clear, let me know so I can help or fix whatever!
  • Thanks. I'll have alook at it.
  • Thanks, gonna give this a whirl! Can we create a user themes sticky in the forums so we can all share our efforts?
  • @melodical - Done. There is now a Custom Themes category that you can post to.
  • Thanks for your time and efforts with PIPLAY support mholgatem!

Was in the process of making a new theme and then my HD died on me and i need to get my new hd delivered in the post so i can try and rescue my old Toshiba Drive 3tb.

Thanks for doing this! Keep up the good work!
  • Thanks for that!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!