How to change an emulator path?
  • For reference, I am trying to replace fceux with retroarch for it's nice 2-p Xinmo support. I have uploaded it and can launch it manually, but i cannot get the NES button to launch retroarch!

I've edited the emulator path in the menu database, and even made the menu item visible and invisible so I know the db is being read. But every time I try to launch, it uses the old path! I can't find any other references to emulator path. Anyone know what I'm missing?
  • Wow, found it by doing a text search of everything in the pimame dir. Turns out the emulator path is copied to each and every ROM file database entry. So to change an emulator means you need to undo all those thousands of entries. I deleted all roms and reran the scraper to clear it out. Ugh.

Question: Is it necessary to put the path into the ROM db? Why not just use the path from the config db and not duplicate it?

• it was done that way to simplify the piplay code and emulator troubleshooting. Every emulator requires a specific way to run a game (full path or not, file name, extension or not). You can just change the command for nes from fceux to retroarch, then rerun the scraper from the command line with the following flag and it will rebuild the list for you:

python /home/pi/pimame/pimame-menu/scraper/scrape_script.py --clean_slate True
  • Awesome! Thank you for posting that - it will be very helpful to rebuild the db in my future experiments.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!