Display by release date not working.
  • Someone accidentally selected display by release date and now none of the emulators will run. Get the following error:

File "/home/pi/pimame/pimame-menu/pmmenu/romitem.py", line 29, in __init__
    display_text = str( list_item[self.cfg.options.rom_sort_category] ) + ' - ' + list_item['title']
    KeyError: u'release date'

Any suggestions for reverting to display by name?
  • huh, that's a new one. I'll have to look into that. when you say that the emulators won't run, do you mean that you can't get to the rom list for each emulator? or do you mean that when you select a game it, the emulator itself won't run?

In either case, you can get back to sorting by title by editing the database:
    1) on a computer on the same network as your pi, type in the ip address of your pi into a browser.
    2) select database admin at the top
    3) select options on the left
    4) click the little pencil icon to edit the options
    5) under Sort Roms by: change it to title (all lowercase)
    6) click submit
    7) restart piplay
  • I have the same problem. I selected order by release date and when I enter in an emulator, the system exit to the terminal screen displaying errors.
  • just follow the above directions and that should fix it. somewhere in the database there must be some un-parsable date entry. I have added a fix that will bypass it in the next update.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!