Scummvm games
  • Hi there!

I'm trying to put my scummvm games ready to play.
    Currently, I have "The Secret of Monkey Island" and "The Curse of Monkey Island"

The thing is that when I launch one of them through GUI, I get a black screen and it returns to piplay GUI.

Alternatively, I've tried to launch them executing /home/pi/pimame/emulators/scummvm/scummvm.
    Scummvm interface runs OK and I can launch the games succesfully, using a mouse to interact with Scummvm interface.

My questions are:
    Can I launch directly the games through piplay GUI?
    Will I be able to play the games using an usb controller rather than a mouse and a keyboard?

Thanks!
  • I'm not sure it's the same issue.

The thing is that, through command line, I can execute scummvm and lauch the games using a mouse (first a keyboard to type the commands, then the mouse over scummvm).

I'd like to manage to make it work directly through piplay graphic interface, but when I use my usb controller (or keyboard) to select Scummvm, and then a game, I get one of these two errors:

----------------------------------------------------

Relaunch 11
    Unhandled exception inthread started by >
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "/home/pi/pimame/pimame-menu/pmmenu/romlistscene.py", line 319, in draw_boxart
    descript_text = PMParagraph(self.selected_item.overwiew, self.cfg.options.info_font_color, self.description_area.w -20, 'left')
    File "/home/pi/pimame/pimame-menu/pmmenu/pmparagraph.py", line 13, in __init__
    lines = [font.render(line, 1, color_fg) for line in self.build_lines(paragraph_text, font, max_paragraph_width)]
    pygame.error: Text has zero width
    scummvm: Stray argument '/home/pi/pimame/roms/scummvm/MONKEY'
    Usage: scumm [OPTIONS]... [GAME]

Try 'scumm --help' for more options

Relaunch 11
    scummvm: Stray argument '/home/pi/pimame/roms/scummvm/MONKEY'
    Usage: scumm [OPTIONS]... [GAME]

Try 'scumm --help' for more options

By the way, this is on piplay 0.8
  • Hi,

thanks a lot for your help, I saw that post in the past and I applied the workaround for the scraper, setting the scrapper_id to 21 for scummvm, which allowed it to list the games in the graphic user interface.

But I did not realize at that moment of the other part you refer to.
    I have applied it, changing in "local roms" the command to /home/pi/pimame/emulators/scummvm/scummvm -f -p "/home/pi/pimame/roms/scummvm/MONKEY" monkey, and in "menu items" to /home/pi/pimame/emulators/scummvm/scummvm -f -p.

Now I am able to launch the games directly! :D

Nevertheless I do not find the way to play using a usb controller (snes type controller).
    Do you know if there is any way to achieve it using some scummvm configuration file? Or just scummvm does not support this?

Thanks a lot for your help with this!
  • @Lunchbox, I don't believe that you can use a controller with the games because they all use different keyboard keys for things like opening inventories or maps. You could potentially write or find a script that would convert joystick to mouse movements, but I'm not sure how usable it would be.
  • Thanks a lot for your help!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!