mame4all still think roms there after being deleted
  • noob question here... I have been playing around and trying to fix up roms with clrmamepro to get them to work with either mame4all or advancemame.. however what every I do, most roms will show "file not found" errors... assuming i'm doing something wrong with.dat file because when I went to erase all the roms in the mame4all folder, reboot and the mame4all on the pi still thinks there are 400+ roms there? I think I must have done something wrong with the .dat file. so a couple questions:
    1) how do I reset the rom list in mame4all after erasing the roms?
    2) what's the best way to get the fight .dat file to use in clrmamepro?

thanks for help in any of the above!
  • so, there is a file watcher, that waits to see if files have been added/deleted, then it runs the scraper in the background if changes have been made. It's still a work in progress, and sometimes it gets interrupted.

1) If you just run the scraper from the main menu and have it scrape mame4all, it should fix remove the roms from the list. If that doesn't work, you will want to run the scraper from the command line like this:
    python /home/pi/pimame/pimame-menu/scraper/scrape_script.py --clean_slate

2) I use the dat files found here: http://www.progettosnaps.net/dats/
  • thank you that worked... I put true on the end and made sure there were replacement ROMs in there... it didn't work when there were no roms... working great! thank you for the response!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!