Control config for NES
  • Hi,

I'm using piplay 0.8

I bought snes-type usb controllers and configured snes controls succesfully using /home/pi/pimame/emulators/pisnes/snes9x.cfg file.

Nes games does not work with the controller and I do not find the appropriate file. Where is it located?
    I do not find neither subdirectories at /home/pi/pimame/emulators/ for neogeo or genesis.

Could you please help me?
  • you should just use the builtin configuration tool.

In the piplay main menu, press 'tab' or button 3 to bring up the popup menu, then choose 'controller setup' then choose the emulator that you want to configure.
  • Thanks a lot!

I'm trying it for nes and it seems to work well except when I want to exit.
    In neo geo or snes, I can return to piplay home with ctrl+sel, but it does not work for nes.

I have tried changing the configuration to another buttons or a single button, but it does not work.

Any ideas?
  • ok, so fceux (nes emulator) is an odd duck. for some reason, it only allows keyboard entries for quit. This is something that I plan on fixing in the future, i just need to find some time to edit the source code for the emulator.
  • Thanks for the info.

I'll wait for next updates then
  • @mholgatem any luck with fceux? Any way to edit the config or does it still only allow quitting with a keyboard?
  • Shea is looking into some alternatives to fceux, so I'm holding off until he decides which emulator we will be using. Right now, fceux still requires a keyboard
  • Ok, sounds good. So fceux may get replaced in the next release?

..any idea when the new release will be? Just curious :)
  • It's mostly dependent on Shea at this point. He's going to be at Orlando IX for an unrelated project that we've been working on (that happens in 9 days). So it will probably be a bit after that I would imagine. We have a couple of joint projects that we are hoping to release before the end of the year, but we want to get a new version of piplay out before we release the other projects.
  • Awesome! If you need any testers I have 3 pis (and know a few more) that I'd would be willing to test it out on
  • cool, yeah. I'll let you know!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!