launch nes game on start
  • I am trying to find out how to launch an nes game on start. For some reason no matter what I search in the forums search it returns the exact same results that have nothing to do with my search???? anyway does anyone know how to do this? I know to modify ~/.profile but not sure what NES emulator piplay is using. Also a couple versions ago there was an .yaml file you modified for the menu... this appears to be missing now... how do you modify the menu now?
  • Billgod, we have moved from the yaml to an sql database. If you go into the web admin (type your pi's ip address in a browser on the same network), then select 'database admin' at the top, you can access all of the stuff that used to be in yaml form.

it looks like for nes, you are going to do this:
    /home/pi/pimame/emulators/fceux/fceux "/path/to/roms/nes/rom.zip"

in the database admin, there are 3 columns to look at when determining how to run a rom: command (the command to run the actual emulator), include full path (full path to the rom is required by some emulators), include extension (it's usually '.zip', but NES can also be '.nes')

Glad to see you on here again @Billgod, it's been a while.
  • Fantastic.. Thanks haven't had to be on here for a while since everything just works :)

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!