Setup Guide - Pi2 with PiPLAY
  • Hi guys. I have been looking around the forum and found some very good info.
    I an going the setup a MAME cabinet but have never used any system other than windows before.
    Is there a good detailed online guide for setting up the Raspberry Pi and PiPLAY? (from recieving the stuff in the box)
    I have seen one setup guide but I tells you a list of the thinks you need to do, for me I would need the detail of how to do these things.
    Looking forward to the old arcade favs.

Thanks for any guidance and help.
  • OK. Taking a closer look. I see post talking about installing noobs and Rasbian then using the piplay installer.
    I also see posts downloading from the downloads section of the site and writing the image to the SD.

An I right in saying the 2nd option need the formatted SD card and you don't install the noobs, etc.

Also noticed the downloads names all contain .img (assuming this is for the image files) but the latest does not have the .img - does this make any difference to how I install?
    Thanks
  • Here is where you can get any piplay image
    .8beta9 is the latest, and this unzips into an image.
    Burn it to your SD card from windows with win32diskimager
    Generally you can then boot that card on your pi.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!