psx crashes straight from piplay menu
  • Hey all

I've worked through most of the bugs I had with getting everything to run smoothly. the only thing I'm stuck on is when I select playstation 1 from piplay menu, I get a xprompt showing the controllers loading, etc and then just straight to a blank screen. I've youtubed various PSX videos for piplay and it appears its supposed to load into the psx_unarmed menu and then I choose a game. i can't even get to that part. I downloaded and placed the Bios SCPH1001.bin right into the roms folder, and tried it zipped and unzipped with no luck. I'm using a RPI b+ with the current piplay. any help would be great because i can't seem to find anyone with a similar problem.
  • sorry man, I haven't run into that. If I get some time, I'll try troubleshooting for you. what is your current video setup like? are you running straight hdmi? composite? or hdmi->some converter->tv?
  • I'm running just a standard HDMI for video and sound to a 32" TV. 2 Generic wired xbox 360 controllers, and a keyboard and mouse for programming in between.

Well since it hasnt worked from the very beginning is there any way to uninstall/reinstall just the PSX emulator? I'm also looking for a way to put on the N64 emulator as well since I see it was on previous builds.
  • any way to just remove the psx emulator and reinstall? also looking to install n64 emulator.
  • I had exact same issue with B+ - no luck at all starting PSX emulator, just get the blackscreen crash. I videoed this & the msg is...

/lib/libts-0.0.so.0 is missing (etc)
    touchscreen not found

(Since no touch screen is attached that seems a little redundant)

Have now tried on Pi 2 and get same error - but PSX emulator runs sweetly. Have also installed several ROMS and got them all to work.

Just dealing with crappy sound quality now! - more tweaking required.

Can't help with B+ sorry - but definitely can confirm it works on Pi 2.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!