Neo Geo roms for PiPlay
  • I'm having a hard time with roms for Neo Geo emulator. Is there any specific version or anything to take into account as with the mame4all roms (.037b5 roms are the ones that work)?

thanks,

Diego
  • Not sure if there is a specific version number, most of the roms that I have tried from various places have worked fine though. Make sure that you include the neogeo (neogeo.zip) bios in your roms folder though.

a full working bios should include the following files:
    000-lo.lo
    asia-s3.rom
    filelist.txt
    japan-j3.bin
    neo-geo.rom
    ng-lo.rom
    ng-sfix.rom
    ng-sm1.rom
    sfix.sfix
    sm1.sm1
    sp-1v1_3db8c.bin
    sp-45.sp1
    sp-e.sp1
    sp-j2.sp1
    sp-s.sp1
    sp-s2.sp1
    sp-u2.sp1
    sp1.jipan.1024
    uni-bios_1_0.rom
    uni-bios_1_1.rom
    uni-bios_1_2.rom
    uni-bios_1_2o.rom
    uni-bios_1_3.rom
    uni-bios_2_0.rom
    uni-bios_2_1.rom
    uni-bios_2_2.rom
    uni-bios_2_3.rom
    uni-bios_2_3o.rom
    uni-bios_3_0.rom
    uni-bios_3_1.rom
    vs-bios.rom
  • I did not have a neogeo.zip on my roms folder.

Do you mean here:

/home/pi/pimame/roms/neogeo/

?

I downloaded a neogeo.zip file somewhere but I have some files missing if I compare to your list. Also, when I place the zip file on that folder then I see 'Neo Geo' in the games list as if that would be just another game.

I tried and still doing this my roms are not working. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks
  • the neogeo.zip file is a bios set. It contains the info that is needed to run most of the games. depending on which files you are missing, it may keep your roms from running. Also, you may be missing files from your roms themselves. There are 2 types of romsets, merged and split. a merged set contains all of the needed files inside your rom, a split set will require you to have separate 'parent' roms located in your rom folder.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!