Text PiMame Menu on PiPlay
  • I reinstalled PiPlay and now have the newer graphical menu. This seems to run slow and so I would like to return to the older text menu in earlier versions. Can that be toggled with the current PiPlay builds?
  • I didn't start it with any roms. I should have said, I formated and reloaded Raspbian from NOOBS and then added PiPlay. The transitions are what seem to be slow. It takes several seconds to respond to any selections in the "gui". The only thing that is remotely smooth is navigating the menu. I've tried Cave Story and Mame4All (frogger). They seem to run fine but when you exit, you have to wait for the Rom list to show up again. This is on a RPI B+. I still prefer the Text menu. It worked fine for my purposes.
  • Also, if I have to keep the graphical menu, can you at least skip the splash screen?
  • You can disable the transitions by pressing 'tab' in the main menu to bring up the pop-up menu.
  • Thank you! I didn't know that menu was there. I know it is in the emulators but I didn't expect it on the PiPlay interface. Still I hate that every time I exit a game it goes to the splash screen before returning to the rom list.
  • The splash is only there until everything reloads(otherwise it would just be a black screen) . When you run a rom, it kills the Piplay app to free up resources. So when the rom is done, Piplay has to re-initialize. You can make it speed up quite a bit by overclocking your system in raspi-config and making sure that you are using a class 10 sd card.
  • Thanks. That all makes sense. I'm running a cocktail table too. I find that Mame4All runs best if I leave Piplay in horizontal and config Mame4All to run vertical.
  • Do you know if there is a config setting for the Snes9x and NES to rotate the screen?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!