New guy. Getting a few errors.
  • Right to the chase.

1) Pi is connected to my network. I can navigate to it on my computer and attempt to upload files using the file uploader, but they never show up in piplay. No error is thrown. everything appears to go fine but the ROM doesn't show up in my rpi's file system. Is there something else I need to do? Rom uploader -> select the file -> select the emulator -> upload

tried using ftp\\192.168.1."myPiLocation". I get to the \ directory but there are no files visible.

2) Because of the above problem I just placed the ROM in the directory myself using a flash drive. /home/pi/pimame/roms/snes/"MyROM"

The ROM shows up in the SNES emulator but does not run. It throws an error of "error opening 'filePath' "

I have tried with a few different ROMS with no success. I have only tried with the SNES emulator however.

Thanks for any help in advance.
  • 1) It should auto scrape the roms for you (so that they show up in the list with all of the info) but if they don't, then you can run the rom scraper utility from the main menu. That should get them showing up.

2) I'm guessing that your rom doesn't have the correct file permissions set. In command line, do this: sudo chmod 755 /home/pi/pimame/roms/snes/"MyROM"
  • 1) Hmm. If I understand correctly, the ROM scraper only works when the ROM is already in the file directory on the rpi. It appears that my ROMS never make it there =(
    (I tried anyway, no dice)

2) Worked brilliantly. I can continue to use this method to get games running on piplay, but it would be nice if I could use my network to upload them.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!