Stuck in Cave Story! Noob, please help!
  • Hello, total noob here. Just got piplay going on the rpi2. Everything loaded fine and I was able to open the Cave Story ROM. I am now stuck on the load screen. Nothing on the keyboard has any response and if I hook up a joystick, no response there either. How do I get out of Cave Story without unplugging the rpi? Please help!
  • pressing escape twice should get you out of cavestory. but if you aren't getting any response, that probably won't work. you may have to just unplug your pi or ssh in and run a restart command
  • were you able to figure out what was going on?
  • I had to reflash the image on the microsd, something went wrong with the original install. Everything seems to be working fine, now I am totally stuck trying to play ROMS. I downloaded golden tee 2k (a couple different versions) and put them in the mame4all file on the piplay website. They show up when I open the emulator, but when I try to open the game I get an emulator not found error message. Any ideas on what I can do here? I've also tried a couple NES roms and the error message is the same (emulator not found). Thank you for the help!
  • did you run the 'install mame' option in the main menu?
  • Yes, I did that. The roms are showing up when I open mame4all, but when I try to open the rom it gives the the error message and reloads back to the mame4all home screen.
  • sorry. I didn't see the part about getting the error with the nes roms as well. What version piplay did you get? Also, how did you get it (sourceforge image, raspbian image + installer, older piplay image + updater)?

It's weird to me that you get an error that says 'emulator not found' because that's not an output that we have programmed into piplay. So I'm thinking that the emulators got installed, but installed to the wrong place perhaps?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!