PCSX Rearmed Black Screen with cursor after a few minutes
  • Hi,

I am pretty new to this stuff, and am having a few problems. I will try to only have one issue per thread, to keep things nice and organised!

I am trying to play a playstation game, it boots up fine, but a few minutes into the game (demo mode) the screen goes black, with a cursor at the top of the screen. At this point, the Raspberry Pi seems completely unresponsive, and my only option is to pull the plug on it.

I also experience the screen flickering during the loading screens (2d image), anything rendered in-game seems to be ok.

So far, I have carried out the following steps:

Installed PiMAME (current available download)

Installed xboxdrv (don't seem to be able to get the input from my controller into PiMame, but that is a seperate issue)

Set up xboxdrv to load on boot (seems to work fine)

FTP'd the rom into the home/pi/roms folder

I have not adjusted any memory options - could this help?

The game is Spyro: Year of the Dragon. I don't currently have a BIOS installed for the Playstation emulator, not sure if that could cause this behaviour.

Any ideas greatfully received.

Thanks

Gizmo
  • Give it a go with a bios, can make a lot of difference.
  • I have the same problem although nothing loads up at all, not even the menu screen it does straight to the arrow
  • Same here.

When I'm paying it happens from time to time. And also when I try to load a ROM from an external usb drive folder (that doesn't show up, btw) and click it, boom!
  • *When I'm playing, I meant.

It happens also when I'm playing FFVII against and specific Boss :S
  • That's a really strange error. Can you list the games you've had this happen with?

I've play Tony Hawk Pro Skater 2 for a while and didn't get any black out. Was this on HDMI or RCA?
  • I'll try right now again with Final Fantasy VII on HDMI. I'll let you know
  • I just got a black out again trying to acces /media/Raspi
    Rebooting...
  • It happened again... When I'm fighting an specific monster it just goes to a black screen with a pointer cursor :S
  • hi,

i tried three games now, GTA2 and Twisted metal 3 arenĀ“t working (always black screen with an arrow), but the game wipeout is working fine so far.

what is the meaning of this "BIOS"? where do i get this?

• Just had this error myself, black screen, cursor arrow and completely unresponsive controls. The only thing I did was select the PSX emulator and it went straight to the black screen.

after a reboot it only seems to have affected PCSX, other emulators work as before but
    can't get into PCSX without repeating the 'freeze'

Anyone got any clues what causes it (is it BIOS? or something else?)

Cheers

Cuz

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!