[SOLVED] AdvMame - Roms not found
  • Having a problem using Advancemame.
    I have a set of 0.106 Roms, verified them with CLRMamePro and uploaded them to the PI.
    The romscraper finds them all and I get a nice big list of games.
    However, when I run them I get a list of the Rom files that are contained within the individual zip files with 'Not Found' next to them!
    The only thing I have changed is I store the Roms on a USB Stick which is permanently mounted and I have changed the Rom path location in the Web Frontend.
    I'm guessing its not the Rom location that is an issue as the scraper sees the zip files and it cant be a permissions issue as I have done the same thing with other emulators and they will play games fine.
    Any suggestions?
  • a few suggestions:

-did you run the scraper after changing the location? The scraper writes the location to the database, so if you changed it after a scraping, then you could get an error (I don't think that this is your problem though).

-Make sure that your files are .zip format (I'm not 100% sure if they can read .7z or not, but I know .zip is safe)

-check to make sure that the files listed in the zip are the same as in the 106.dat file (if you keep them in the zip, but just open the zip with something like winrar or winzip, you can see the crc32 number for each file and compare that to the crc's in the dat file)

-make sure that you have any necessary parent files.
  • I managed to sort this.
    I had to manually amend the advancemame & mame4all config files.
    The roms directory was still pointing to the default directories and not the ones on my mounted USB stick, even though I had changed the ROM directories in the database admin on the web frontend.
    All working fine now
  • cool. marking as solved. Glad you got it working.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!