[SOLVED] Adding roms to mame4all
  • Just ran the pimame updater script today.

When I try to add roms to the mame4all roms folder, I get a message... "Permission denied on '/home/pi/emulators/mam4all-pi/roms/-NameofRom.zip-'"

It gives options to retry, or abort or ignore. in the end I can't get the roms into the folder.
  • Used "sudo cp -filename- -dircetorypath-" to copy it from the advmame rom folder... it would be convenient if i could just drag and drop it.
  • There is a dedicated folder setup for roms. Use /home/pi/roms/mame4all - there are also other folders inside that roms folder for other systems.
  • The folder I mentioned has the permissions set correctly ready to go. Also the emulators are configured to use that folder.
  • Thats the folder I used. It says I don't have permissions. I was able to get it with the command I typed above.
  • It's different than the path you stated in the first post though...

Don't use the roms folder inside /home/pi/emulators/mame4all/roms use the one I show above.
  • the folder you mentions is a shortcut to the one that i mentioned...
  • If i try to do it the way you say i get the same message anyway. Also, can you tell me where the config file is so i can map the keys?
  • Sorry I use the image version which has an actual folder there; the script must use a shortcut instead.
    Check the link below for config location and options -

http://code.google.com/p/mame4all-pi/
  • Marked as solved.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!