No DHCP offers received
  • Hi.

I just added a wifi dongle (Comfast) to a B+ running PiPlay and configured the wifi via PiPlay's setup script. I know this configuration is right because it works as expected on a Pi B that is not running PiPlay but uses the same wifi adapter.
    If I use wired Ethernet I get an IP. Other computers have no problem getting an IP.
    But it seems this B+ running PiPlay has a lot of trouble getting an IP via DHCP.

If I run "sudo dhclient -v wlan0" I get several lines with DHCPDISCOVER connecting to broadcast address and finally:

No DHCPOFFERS received.

This is very strange because I managed to get an IP once with this setup (out of 10 boot proceses performed on the Pi).

Any idea what might be going on (I have other Pis that connect with no issues).

Best. thx
  • I had a similar problem with the generic wifi dongle I used on my B+ and Piplay. The easiest way I found to fix it was to boot up the system, exit out of Piplay, and then startx. Once the shell is loaded configure the wifi with the Raspbian wifi GUI. Then reboot. I have had zero problems since doing it that way.
  • Thanks. Tried your suggestion but no luck. I just switched to a black Comfast adapter and it works flawlessly, avoid the white Comfast adapters. Best. Thx!!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!