Pi B+ Won't boot with a 7.10 image
  • Hi all, I have a Raspberry Pi B+ and I want to use PiPlay version 7.10 but when I copied over the image, it won't boot. It works on a Pi B....Any ideas? I really want to run this version as it runs all my ROMs better and I have it booting straight into Mame4all. Thanks
  • I had 7.10 working on my B+, but I didn't use the image I used ran the install script.

I'm curious about your experience with performance. Can you give me an example of what is running better? Is the emulate working better, do certain ROMs perform better? Or is it that you just think the Mame4All menus perform better? If it's the menus then you can use 8.0b7 and just have it load up to the Mame4All menus. It's in the FAQs on how to do it.

• I tried installing after installing Raspian with:-
    sudo apt-get install git
    git clone https://github.com/ssilverm/pimame_installer
    cd pimame_installer
    sudo ./install.sh
    But this installs to the latest version. What would I use to install to 7.10?
    I've found that ROMs that I have used in Mame4all using 7.10 don't work when I used 8.07....I have my older pi running 7.10 and booting straight into Mame4all nicely.
    Cheers

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!