[SOLVED] NeoGeo lockup on 0.6b4
  • I'm LOVING the continued work on this project! I'm running 0.6 beta 4 on my Pi, and have successfully introduced my ten year old son and six year old daughter to Frogger, Pacman and Galaga. There's now THREE of us begging my wife to let me build an arcade cabinet ... :)

I was delighted to read that you've added fullspeed Neo Geo support to this latest release, as I (like most everyone else) wants to have Metal Slug running on his home console. Unfortunately, the emulator appears to lockup after selecting any game. I see the "Loading ..." screen (and watch the GNGEO logo 'fillup', which is a lovely effect) and then everything locks. A power-cycle seems to be required.

I /believe/ I have neogeo.zip in the correct place, but can't be sure because I can't find any debug or error log generated. Anyone know how I could debug this? Are there any RPi config settings which would have an ideal value (like the GPU RAM setting)?

I'm using a RPi model B, with 256MB RAM.

Cheers guys!
  • The neogeo.zip needs to be in the roms directory in /home/pi/ . Are you running the display via HDMI or composite? Did you change any of the display settings in the gngeo options menu?
  • Yep, got the neogeo.zip present in /home/pi/roms/. Display is via HDMI (converted to VGA with an adaptor - I can shift over to a HDMI monitor if that's a possibility). Haven't changed any other setting in gngeo options.
  • Fixed it!

Just to follow-up, in case anyone else has this problem ... I fixed it by replacing my neogeo.zip (from my existing neogeo ROMs collection) with the one referenced in the other neogeo thread. Comparing the two zips, it would appear that mine was missing a file called sp1.jipan.1024.

Many thanks for all your work!
This discussion has been closed.
All Discussions

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!