Auto-load ROM and save file on boot
  • Anyone got tips on how to load up a rom and start playing automatically on boot? I'm guessing I'll need to tweak the scripts that run at startup and also have the pi log in automatically, but I'm unsure where to start with this.

I want to run a game boy color emulator which autosaves every few minutes and autoloads on boot, in order to recover from any power outages.
  • if you edit ~/.profile, you can add your script to auto run any of the emulators (check out /home/pi/pimame/pimame-menu/config.yaml, it lists all of the emulators along with the command required to run each one.) it looks like the entry for gameboy says:
    label: Gameboy
    visible: Yes
    roms: /home/pi/pimame/roms/gb/
    full_path: yes
    extension: yes
    command: export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/home/pi/pimame/dispmanx/build/.libs/ && /home/pi/pimame/emulators/mednafen/src/mednafen

so the command would probably be something like export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/home/pi/pimame/dispmanx/build/.libs/ && /home/pi/pimame/emulators/mednafen/src/mednafen /path/to/rom/rom.extension
  • Good Day

Any news on how to: Auto-load ROM on boot?

Thank You
    Albertus Geyser

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!